Jesse Norman MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury, opens this session with a live statement on the government's response to the COVID crisis.
His statement will be followed by an expert panel discussion chaired by ICAEW's Tax Faculty, which has been at the heart of support to members, particularly in regards to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. The discussion will focus on:
Today – responding to the COVID crisis
- Government’s response and likely next steps.
- Paying for the COVID crisis.
- Pressures on the tax system.
Tomorrow – what will the future look like
- The UK as an independent trading nation.
- How should we tax digital services?
- Digitalisation and future tax admin system
We are all in this together
- Covid has highlighted that HMRC, HMT and the tax profession can work together as trusted partners.
- HMRC’s strategy for tax agents
- Frank Haskew, Head of ICAEW's Tax Faculty (Chair)
- Jesse Norman MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury
- Cerys McDonald, Director, Tax Strategy, HMRC
- Jane McCormack, Global Head of Tax, KPMG
ICAEW Live: 17&18 June 2021
ICAEW Live 2021 is a two-day event on 17 and 18 June following on from Virtually Live in bringing members in practice and business together. Register your interest today to benefit from the early bird rate!
Jesse will sharing his thoughts on our panel the importance of tax policy
Cerys will be sharing her thoughts on our panel session on the importance of tax policy.
Jane will be sharing her thoughts on our panel session on the importance of tax policy.
Frank will be sharing his thoughts on the: Importance of tax policy panel
Virtually Live Resources
Additional articles and content on technical areas including: audit, business advisory, financial reporting, risk management and tax.